random thoughts

London Travel Blog

Well nothing much exciting has happened recently, but I thought it was time to check in.  London is slowly starting to get a little warmer & we've even had some sunshine the last few days (although it now looks set to rain all weekend - of course).  So here are some random thoughts & happenings...

• It took me two consecutive Sunday afternoons to get through the National Portrait Gallery, but it was all very interesting.
  • Last weekend we celebrated "Roast a British Chicken Weekend" (I am not kidding) - my flatmates & a couple of friends got together & we roasted a British chicken!  We also roasted some vegies etc, drank many bottles of wine & finished off Aussie-style with a pavlova.
  • I've finally found one place that sells decent coffee (you wouldn't think it would be that hard, would you?) - it's called Flat White & it's run by New Zealanders, cute place & good coffee - yay!
  • I spent three hours at the US Embassy & am now all organised to go back to Aloha this (northern) summer - double yay!
  • I bought Milo - real Aussie Milo!!  (they sell Milo in UK supermarkets, but it's made in Kenya & just not the same).

I have a few little trips & things coming up, so hopefully I'll be updating soon!

London