the close of another chapter

London Travel Blog

I staggered 'home'  (although I don't actually live there anymore) to spend one  last night in Hendon.  We all went out for dinner and had a really fun night, which just reminded me how much I was going to miss everybody from the house.

I took one last jog around Sunnyhill Park in the morning & then frantically re-packed all my bags before heading off to the airport.  It's very strange to once again back up my life into one big backpack and have no home base to go back to.  But I guess I'm kind of used to it by now!

I have complained a bit along the way about how I didn't love living in London - well I enjoyed my time there, but I wouldn't want to settle there permanently - but even so it was sad to pack up and leave.  There's still a lot I could have explored in London and I will miss the friends I've made, but I guess the reality is that every place has good and bad points, and the more I travel the more I'll have to compromise in the end - I'll neve have everything and everyone I want in the one place.  Life is about choices, and my next choice is going back to camp...
London