Let's Party!

London Travel Blog

Claire & I

I've been working hard all through December, so it was time to party!  We had our company Christmas party, which was a really fun night - they do know how to do things in style here.

We all stopped working by about 4pm & suddenly all the bathrooms & meeting rooms were filled with people getting pretty.  We ha cars to whisk us off at 4:45 (oh how I love a short working day!) and we went to The Reindeer - which is a restaurant that only exists for December.  It's hidden away down a lane, through an undercover carpark & up some stairs into a dodgy-looking warehouse... where suddenly you're in a little Christmas fairyland - twinkling lights all over the place, a bar & all the tables, then down the back a little fir forest with private-dining log cabins hidden away!  It's a little kitschy, but it was really quite nice.

So we had our log cabin, with our three-course meal & many bottles of wine.  And we exchanged Secret Santa gifts.  Then we headed back into central London to a bar where we had a corner reserved for us & the champagne was plentiful & there was dancing & there was much fun to be had!

That is, until the next morning...

London