London calling...

London Travel Blog

I've finally arrived in a land where sarcasm is understood, they spell "cheque" correctly, the money is easy to understand (yes, despite the whole £ thing, the coins etc are more in line with Australian currency than American coins are) & they drive on the "right" side of the road (although disturbingly this took me a while to get used to again!).

I arrived in London at the start of November, very tired from an overnight flight - not only did I not get much sleep, but I lost five hours along the way!  I'm staying with family friends & I spent the weekend pretty much collapsed, recovering not only from jetlag but from five months on the move.

On Tuesday I started out looking for jobs & applied for about 7 admin positions, by Thursday I had 4 interviews booked and by Friday I had a job.  I start this week as a receptionist/admin assistant for a recruitment company that specialises in PR & communications jobs (so really, it's in my field of study…)

Then I had to start looking for somewhere to live, which is much more frustrating & tiresome than looking for work, in my opinion.  I've looked at a couple of places so far, but they've either been not nice rooms or in areas where I couldn't wait to get away.  There are lots of places advertised all the time, but anything decent gets snapped up as soon as the ad goes out.  Hopefully I'll find something suitable soon, coz I just can't wait to settle down for a little while!

photo by: ulysses