A pleasant unplanned stop

Zarautz Travel Blog

Beach of Zarautz

We stopped at Zarrautz, my friends knees was hurting her. It was obvious.  She was too proud to say so, but we wouldn't let her continue walking for the day.  She had to rest.

It was a good decision. The city was charming.  After our routine shower/ laundry/ journal writing/ rest, me and Marie went out for a drink on the terrasse.  Meanwhile, we spotted a bakery, an internet cafĂ©, a bank, a phone to call home and a drug store.

Nick, Marie's husband came to pay us a surprise visit.  I was happy to see him.  This reminded me how our perception of time and distances had changed in so little time.  We were already talking in terms of days of walk! He was driving!

Sitting there on the terrace, I enjoyed watching the spanish families playing togheter.  They seem to have a tradition of going outside every evening  to play with their children.  I don't get to see that very much in Canada. It's different.

We decided to go find a place by the sea to enjoy the rest of the evening.  We found this restaurant by the sea.  We ordered an enormous Paella for diner.  The owner came to greet us and offered drink to salute our courage. He had done the Camino a few years before.

Discussion on the beach
(Me -in g…
Discussion on the beach (Me -in …
Zarautz