Lessons of the road

Fisterra Travel Blog

...just like us!
  1. Life is short.  We should enjoy it as much as we can.  In this fast pace world, I managed to slow time down at a rate of about 25 km/day and still time past so quickly. What I knew, it was already time to go home.
  2. Happiness comes from within ourselves.  We don't need much to be happy.  For 46 days, everything I owned was carried on my back. I had a total of about 9 kilos of material and I didn't miss the rest at home that much. Happiness is a way of thinking.
    “Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things - air, sleep, dreams, the sea, the sky - all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.
    I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one!
    ” - Cesare Pavese..........
  3. What is essential is invisible to the eye.   The beauty industry has been telling me ever since I was little how I should look to be a loveable person in this world... I learned modesty.
    I wore pretty much the same clothes for over a month, I had messy hair,  no makeup on... But I wasn't ashamed of it... People who came towards me didn't because of what I looked... They did because of who I am.  Beauty fades, what's inside doesn't.
  4. We have a beautiful planet. We should take very good care of it.  I saw pieces of paradise filled with junk leftover by people, it was sad.
  5. A random act of kindness can makes a difference.    It did for me. I had stangers walking with me to show me the way when I was lost.  I was a stranger to the country, but people smiled at me and told me "Buen camino". It felt good and secure. Whenever I travel, I try to return this kind of kindness to my fellow travellers that I meet on the way.
  6. Optimism.  The TV is filled with horrible news.  Every day we see the worse of humankind right there on our home screen.  But, there are still are good and decent people out there!!!
  7. We're all the same.  Though we have different cultures, languages, color of skins, different habits... we all the same... we love, we laught, we cry...
Maneena says:
Beautifully said! Continued wishes for a Buen Camino in your lifes journey :)
Posted on: Sep 16, 2012
seeUaroundtheWorld says:
Merci du compliment, c'est très gentil de ta part :)
Posted on: Dec 18, 2008
Vikram says:
Tres bon! J'aime tes blogs.... ces sont tres interessants!
Posted on: Dec 17, 2008
...just like us!
Im a dreamer...but Im not the on…
I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the o…
23,236 km (14,438 miles) traveled