Ville-Marie Travel Blog

The ways of St. James rest on over one thousand years of history and legends ( ).

Althought, I'm not particularly religious, I had heard of it and was very much intrigued by the philosophy and culture surrounding it.  Everyone that I had met who'd been on the "Camino de Santiago" was so excited to tell about their experience.  It was as though, their adventure had brought them back to essential things of life. Their stories were about human kindness and brotherhood.

Not all, but most people who walk the Camino de Santiago are not just trekkers.  They are open-minded and friendly people.

Whether or not, they're doing it for religious reasons or for a sportive adventure, at some point they become more than tourists,  they become Pilgrims (or peregrinos).  Let me explain by asking two simple questions: 1) How often in life do we feel protected by pefect strangers? 2) How often are we, ourselves, willing to care for someone we've never seen and will probably never see again?

I know that other trips could have brought me to this somewhere along the way... but with the Camino de Santiago, I felt this even before I left my country...

So after many years of thinking about it, I finally decided to do it!  This was the kind of trip I wanted.

You know what they say...

"It's not the destination that's important; it's the journey..."

lauro says:
"It's not the destination that's important; it's the journey..."

very well said ^_^

i would love to do the camide de santiago, but i have weak knees now, i dont think i can be able to walk long distances, but i did like 5 kms in 2 hours, with a great friend. do you think that is good enough?
Posted on: Dec 14, 2008