Madrid Travel Blog› entry 2 of 3 › view all entries
May 28th, 2008 – by: kdredmon
"oh-no, they missed the bus, but a u-turn saved them!", calls regarding personal effort(s) and "understanding", etc.,etc., etc. But, all I can say is: the students are happy (enough) and things are slowly starting to settle down... information is beginning to flow and the day-long bus ride gave us an opportunity to re-fresh and start anew! We even had an icebreaker at the welcome dinner and jokes galore! I have plenty more to tell but i'll get to part 2 later! Oh, and can anyone guess how much 161 Euros is in US Money? Let me just say, I was more than surprised when I checked my bank account! All together now: "Ay Dios Mio"!!! :-) Before I part, I have some questions to ponder:
1. why does internet access cost 6 Euro for 1 hour????
2. why do people not move when there are folks passing in the opposite direction on the sidewalk?
3. why is there a gelato shop on every other block in spain?
4. why are KFC, Pizza Hut, McDonalds, Burger King, and Starbucks so common here?
5. WHY IS HAM SERVED ON/WITH/IN EVERYTHING HERE???
6. Why are Europeans so emo/fashionable?
7. Why did I see a man posed on a toilet today? and why were so many people taking pictures? surely not because he was supposed to be a "living statue"?
8. Why did I not know the Mediterranean sea was off the coast of Spain?
9. Why am I up at 2:50 am after 3 days here- I should be adjusted???
10. Why is every building here so beautiful?
11. why was the picasso museum so wonderfully awesome??? he was a true master of all styles- from cubism, to pointillism, to impressionism, to all the other -isms!!
Okay... i'll stop with the whys!!
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!