Kauai

Poipu Travel Blog

Kauai Mountain Range

Caught our puddle jumper to Kauai this morning.  It is always a relief to fly intra-island, with no worries about whether you have fruit or any potential disease-carrying receptacles in your possession…a relative breeze compared to embarking/departing the islands from the mainland!  Returning to Kauai lends understanding to why coming back is so cool --- during your first visit there is anticipation of the unknown.  When you come back the anticipation is replaced by bona fide expectation of all the wonders of the locale realized during your prior visit.  Cannot describe how remarkable it is to be nestled on the porch of our condo and witnessing the remarkable pounding surf….

Better yet is how I knew the roadways to Poipu on the southern coast.

An everyday view on Kauai
  During our inaugural visit my hands were clinched on the steering wheel while asking my wife when the next turn was.  Being a veteran allowed me to take in the stunning volcanic landscape this time with no worries about missing a turn!

We rendezvoused with my wife’s brother and his family at Keoki’s Paradise, a fun eatery in a splendid mall just north of Poipu.  Another grand reunion!

After lunch we drove the final mile to our condo and moved in for a week of splendor.  After unpacking and an afternoon of lounging about the pool, we walked down to Brennecke’s Beach Broiler for dinner. Since we were returning, we knew to make reservations at this popular eatery on a Saturday evening.  An even better benefit of being veterans was how Kim & I could share that the proximity ensured we could “walk down and stagger back”!

Poipu