my favorite

Napa Travel Blog

blurry

ok so you know how everyone has a favorite place to go.

well thats right mine just happens to be domaine carneros which is is the carneros region in between napa and sonoma. my parents have been members here for the last 6 years and it has been well worth it. they are also members at beringer and of course mondavi also beautiful. but my favorite is still domaine.

So anyway my friend from san diego met me at my fathers hospital in south san fran for lunch. my father baught us pizza it was good. i was surprised but i hadnt had pizza in awhile and it hit the spot. after chatting with him for awhile we took off and met my mom back at her house in glen cove, between vallejo and benecia california, where she was kind enough to put some gas into her car so we could take it out to domaine.

as you drive up
it was a beautiful half hour drive out there. when we got there it was more busy than i had expected but was warm enough if you stayed in the sun. as usual everyone is always happier at the wineries, could be because they are all toasty on the inside ;) .

so there are two entrances to domaine. the first is at the bottom of the hill so you get the view of walking up the stairs. everytime i take the stairs i try to count the number of steps but i never get the same number it is alwasy around 74 or 75 though. the second way is the back entrance mostly for the regulars and members so we dont have to climb all the stairs. but i had my friend emily who has never been to a winery so we did the touristy thing.

so on the other side of the house is this little hill with fake sheep. the sheep are the indicator of whether or not you have had to much to dirnk. if they are moving you have had enough.

After domain we came back to my parents place where we had chicken on the grill went hottubing. then i took emily back to her car in south san fran and went to bed. only to wake up and try to find a place to fix my tires the next morning.

sign your here
walk way up to
walk way up to
looking out
looking out
hey sheep if they are moving you h…
hey sheep if they are moving you …
darn wind