Ketch Me if you Kan!

Ketchikan Travel Blog

This isn't my photo, but represents the sheer terror I would feel if I was that guy. I am glad I am not that guy. But he's fun to watch!

Couple years ago, my wife and I took a cruise to Alaska.  When we first ventured on this vacation, I, wouldn't summertime be better spent drifting through some exotic islands.  I could swim, drink fruity alcoholic beverages with umbrellas poking out the sides, and flirt with the off chance I might contract malaria.  Turns out, this vacation kicked a whole lot of Alaskan ass!

I am new to this Trav Buddy thing, so I am not sure if I write about the whole trip...just one life's dreams and aspirations to become a professional NBA player.  I'm 5'10, a slow 200 pounds, and have a 4 inch vertical leap, but I can talk shit with the best of them.  In the end, I figured I'd just write about one experience.  Not because this one moment was the pinnacle of the trip, more because I am a tad lazy.

In Ketchikan we were privvy to a Lumberjack Competition.  It was filmed by the OLN (Outdoor Life Network...I think), so needless to say, the world was watching with bated breath.  We saw guys and gals chopping wood, doing the log roll, climbing huge trees, and tossing axes.  Each competitor was a flurry of limbs through each event, making each piece of unsuspecting lumber their bitch.  It was good to watch.

Okay...we'll see how this Trav Buddy thing goes...I may write more later.  I got a few places and a number of funny experiences under my belt that I could share.

carpefunk says:
Posted on: May 15, 2007
VegasBrittney says:
Wow!!! I always love reading your work! Hey there was no mention in this one about all the wild life you saw, you're gonna have to had more!
Posted on: Nov 05, 2006
This isnt my photo, but represent…
This isn't my photo, but represen…
photo by: Hummingbird