Secret Garden and a Volcano

Tagaytay Travel Blog

Antonio's Garden
It was just one of those normal Sunday where my sister and I were in a mood for a quick roadtrip. My mom was originally part of the trip. However on the last minute, she realized her ticket back home was not on the Monday, but at 5 AM of that Sunday. This didn't stop me and my sister to push through with our trip to Tagaytay but I reckon it would have been more fun if my Mom could have joined us. We, on the otherhand were able to pull a friend to join us.

After dropping our Mom to the airport at 3:30 AM and went back home for a quick sleep, by 8:30 AM our friend arrived and at 9 AM, we were on our way to Tagaytay. After 2 hours of driving and with no specific itinerary for this trip, all we knew was that we wanted to eat a good brunch. My sister has Antonio's Garden on her mind.
We then looked for the Antonio’s Breakfast used to be located near the highway. However, the Breakfast place near the highway has closed down and the Breakfast place is now in the "real" Antonio's garden, known for fine dining.

The trip to the garden house was easy though. Quite hesitant and intimidated with the place, we checked out the menu, the prices were slightly higher than the normal fast food breakfast. But with a place like Antonio's, it was just but reasonable. We spent most of the hours there, seating outside the garden, eating our very good breakfast al fresco with a very attentive waiter. At first, we were seated inside the house but since we would want to be away from the crowd, and would love to have our own privacy, we asked the waiter to transfer us outside. It was a very good call.

After eating, we looked around, took some photos and took off.
Taal Volcano from Taal Vista Lodge Hotel
It was a lovely Sunday morning indeed. I would love to come back anytime soon.

After that, we decided to check out the only reason why people go to Tagaytay - to see Taal Volcano. We decided to go to Taal Vista Lodge Hotel to enjoy Taal. It was noon time and the sun was just more of a pain than comfort. However, it looked like it was raining on the volcano itself. The smallest volcano looked like more of a mirage from our vantage point.  We only stayed for less than an hour there to take some photos and left the hotel after that. The Taal volcano is still a special sight every time I visit this place.

After that, we decided to drop by the Pink Sister's Convent, dropped our petitions (yes, you read it right) and went back to Manila.
Pink Sister's Convent
Pink Sisters are cloistered nuns who do nothing but to "ora et labora" (pray and work). The chapel was quite full when we were there, just like us - most of them are there for their petitions. I asked specifically for safe travel for my Kuya (he is leaving to Qatar on June 4), and for my Ate who is going for her volunteer work in Sierra Leone. Of course, I also asked for good health for my entire family. Lastly, I asked for a love life. Hahahaha

It was a very special weekend indeed. We left Tagaytay and went back to Manila, we decided to drop by the National Museum for the Spolarium and coffee in Harbour Square.

It was the last four weekends my sister has before she leaves for Sierra Leone. She just wants to see more of the Philippines before she goes. After Pahiyas in Lucban, then this, we plan to go to Batad the following week to check out the rice terraces.
Antonios Garden
Antonio's Garden
Taal Volcano from Taal Vista Lodge…
Taal Volcano from Taal Vista Lodg…
Pink Sisters Convent
Pink Sister's Convent
Tagaytay Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Secret Garden Of Antonio
This is a house garden converted by its owner into a resto with snob factor. I was impressed with the design of the dining areas and the gardens. … read entire review
Tagaytay