Another Weekend in Batangas

Lipa City Travel Blog

Mt Taal from Batangas Side.

For two straight weekend, I was in Batangas. Still partly deaf due to my colds and strain from my previous dive, I was not feeling well but my whole family was going to do some visits to my uncles and aunties. My brother wanted to do this since he is going back to Doha next week. So, I had no choice but to join them. Days like this don't happen everyday for a family who lives in different part of the world. I myself will be travelling away from home again soon.

It was a long journey for a weekend trip for us. From Pasig, we left home to go to the first pitstop (Imus, Cavite) to visit my dad's older brother. It took us about an hour to reach Imus, had lunch there, little chitchat, then we headed to our second destination - Mataas na Kahoy (a town originally part of Lipa City).

Mt Taal from Batangas Side.
My eldest niece knew that there's a pool in my Auntie's place in Batangas. She didn't stop bugging us since morning till we reached that place. It took us 3 to 4 hours to reach there, normally it would only take 2 hours but for that day, it took us longer time to get to Mataas Na Kahoy. Reasons: Traffic due to countless Flores De Mayo processions in all towns that we passed by and the star toll has been extended, my sister was driving, and the normal her, she has no idea that the highway has been extended up to Batangas City, we missed the Lipa exit. :)

Despite of the aberations on our way to Lipa, I was still a fun filled weekend with my nieces, and a suprise that from my auntie's place, Mt Taal and its lake can be seen. On the far end of the lake, we can see lights from Tagaytay. It feels weird to see Mt Taal from the other side of the lake though. It looks different. My Tita (aunt) prepared a very tasty noodles, then we retired for a night.

We have a breakfast the following day, small talks again, then we headed back to Manila. But before going straight home, we passed by another Auntie's house in ParaƱaque.

It was a tiring weekend.

ellekape says:
ganda ;)
Posted on: Aug 28, 2008
sylviandavid says:
sounds like it was tiring but you hung in there.... Sylvia
Posted on: Jun 03, 2008