Geldermalsen - Waalwijk (45,8 km)

Waalwijk Travel Blog

We had to go to Waalwijk to stay at my friend's granddad. Because it wouldn't be far, we took it very easy this morning. At about 12.15 we finally took of.

Crossing the river at Zaltbommel we go crazy and start singing songs. We start with a song over Zaltbommel and end up singing kidsongs from a famous childrens choir in Holland (Kinderen voor Kinderen). They started in 1980 and still make an album every year with songs about what children experience: love, homework, death, bullying, friends, parents etc. I know it's a bit stupid to sing those songs when your 17, but was nostalgia.

About half way we cycle past a farm with a big dog behind a fence. The dog barked fiercely, but was behind the find so we laughed about it. But suddenly the dog runs past the fence on the street. Luckily other people were just passing us, otherwise we would be the ones the dog tried to bite (it looked like it anyway). It was really scary!

After four hours we arrived in Waalwijk at my friends granddag. Again we didn't have to cook.

rinnapat says:
thank you for nice story of the place you visited, i'm also went to waalwijk to visited someone it's good time there and hope i can back to waalwijk sometime.
Posted on: Jun 09, 2013