The Other Italy...

Italy Travel Blog

In this section I posted different pictures about Italy. About Rome,Venice,Florence anyone knows something, so I decided to post pics concerning some places that maybe are not well known as the cities above mentioned.

Eolie Islands are simply "bellissime"!!! We sailed with catamaran and seeing these islands from the sea give a completly different emotions.  Eolie Islands are composed by: Salina,Vulcano,Lipari,Panare,Stromboli and two small islands called Filicudi and Alicudi. Stromboli is famous tks to the active vulcano, during the night is possible to see the lava coming out (Sciara del Fuoco)...is a magnificent show. If you go there ask for a night tour...

When you are there you can't come home without tasting the famous "Granita" (ice flakes with flavour)...is not like the same you can find other parts, it's just ice with flavoured topping...this is something incredible, simply deliciuos.

Don't miss: Stromboli, trekking on vulcano, black sand, beautiful sea & no cars; Panarea, nightlife,fashion place, beautiful sea & no cars; Salina, beautiful sea, nice to walk around and of course, you've to  try the "Malvasia delle Lipari" a sweet white wine. Lipari is the biggest island, nice to visit but just if you have time.  If you like to do some mud bath, you have to go to Vulcano, famous for the sulphur mud bath tks, high therapeutic properties.

If you need any further information, I'm here at your disposal...

Than I loaded some pics about Alps...snowboarding, skiing, wellness center. On the region of Trentino Alto-Adige there are some amazing places to spend just a week end or all the week. There are places for all, young, mid-age, family, all togheter.

For example: are you looking for having fun during the day and also during the night...Madonna di Campiglio is suggested for you. Are you looking for having fun during the day but relax at night...well...Brunico,Canazei,Cavalese,Andalo,Ortisei,Selva di Val Gardena, san MArtino di Castrozza...plenty of places.

I like snowboard and sky...if you like some suggestion...just ask me and I'll be pleased to answer you.

About Alps and Eolie Islands I said something, now I'd like to talk about my city: Reggio Emilia.

Reggio Emilia is a small city located at 65/70 km N/W Bologna. Region: Emilia Romagna, North Italy. Approx 130 km south Milan.

Reggio Emilia is between Parma and Modena.

My area is mainly famous for food and wine...here born Parmigiano-Reggiano (THE REAL Parmesan chees), THE REAL Balsamic Vinegar, Tortellini, Capelletti, Lasagne, Gnocco Fritto, Ravioli, and Lambrusco Reggiano (red sparkling wine that must be served chilled).

If you come here I suggest you to go at the Hotel Posta, the most ancient hotel in town. It's a 4 stars hotel but it's got wonderful rooms at reasonable price. There are many good restaurant in my area,some names where I know that you eat the real typical food are:

Agriturismo Cavazzone (located at 15km out of city on the hills...beautiful view), Trattoria Toschi (located in Bagno a country town 10km out of city), Ristorante Canossa (center of city), Ristorante La Maddalena (located in Quattro Castella 20km out of city), Ristorante Arnaldo (located in Rubiera, town at 15 km out of city).

If you come to Reggio Emilia, I suggest you to visit Pietra di Bismantova (located in Castelnuovo Monti), Canossa and Rossena Castles.

For further information...I'm here.

ciao

yheleen says:
beautiful pics :)
Posted on: Jul 23, 2008
shirlan says:
Definately the sort of scenery that we enjoy!
Posted on: Jul 22, 2008