Arriving in Chiangmai

Bangkok Travel Blog

Thai always said that you havent visited thailand if you do not go to Chiangmai. Yes, It is true. With a population of 200,000, this city is a cultural centre in thailand. You can learn languages and thai culture in this small city.

Arriving in Chiangmai.

After a good night sleep at the train, I have finally arrive in Chiangmai. The train is about two hours late and when I get down, I see a guy holding my name tag. Then I say goodbye to my Chinese family and I go with him. He has got a pickup truck and he help me to put my back up the back rack of the truck. When the truck pick up its speed, I enjoy the scenary of Chiangmai. To me, it is very quiet and peaceful city of Thailand. There are not alot of people walking on the street.

Staying in Parasol

Soon we arrive at the Parasol. The hotel situated next to the main attactions within a few feet. It is also located on the lane of night market. When I arrive, it is almost 16:00 o clock. So I visit the main attractions of the temple and also the centre parcs. Centre parcs is the centre of Thailand and it is quite small compared to the one in Bangkok. The tuk tuk driver bring me there and promise to wait for me at 19:00 I enter the shopping on the ground floor and I see many clothings and merchandise. On the top floor, there is internet and games centers. What I do is to spend two hours at the internet cafe and shopping. When I come out, I still havent seen the tuk tuk drivers.

It is already at night so I go to have my dinner recommended by another tuk tuk driver. In the restaurant, there are many plants and seems more like a jungle. To my right side, there is a chinese hut which can maintain three to four person. In it, there is a Korean couple and they are drinking beers. I check the menu card and it costs you only two euro for a main course. I drink two drinks and one main courses. Maybe a desert, I cant remember. There is no entertainment in the restaurant. After resting, I return to the hotel and have a nice sleep. Next week will be the beginning of trekking journey.

Bangkok