Bangkok

Bangkok Travel Blog

Thai woman dancing in restaurant

After booking the airticket from Heartbreaker in Singapore, I take the flight to Bangkok using Thaiairways. It is fascinating because this is my first time in Bangkok. After reaching airport, there is a long parking line to get through the immigration department. I stop at the entrance of the airport and there are numerous people to offer you a cab. The price I pay for the first cab is about 900 bath which is expensive. It should be around 300-400 bath at the most.

World lodge hotel

The cab take me to the world hotel lodge which is located at the backpacker area of bangkok. It is new to the university and it is very close to local resident area. The cost per day is about 25 euro which is cheap to Western European Standard.

Thai dancing style
The room consists of air conditioning, television, double bed, clean shower room. It is not bad and the view feels like if you are living in another world of Ghetto. Then you will see that people is living in bamboo house but they still look happy. It is about 16.00 so I went to the travel agency next to the hotel to confirm my travel plan in Chiangmai. The whole thing cost me about 6000 bath which includes return train ticket, one day accomodation at Parasol and three day trip to jungle or farmland. After I took a cab to MBK to visit the biggest shopping centre in Thailand.

MBK

I arrive at MBK at about 17.00 . The cab got into the car park and drop me at the third floor. I enter to the comestic and shirt division and I shop aimlessly. I climb the top floor and there are alot of stall selling mobile phone and accessories.

Hanuman out again
Feeling anxious, I go out and end up in a cinema. The cinema is quite big with several television showing the latest trailer. After, I take the lift to the ground floor and look above. Well, it is very big for a shopping mall. You are not going to see this in the netherlands.

MBK area

The first thing I bought is a milkshake. What I see across the street are young people, young students checking out the latest trend of fashion. Lights are colourful, cars beeping, ice cream ringing. I feel excited and I met the tuk tuk driver who promise to take me to a good restaurant. I show him the map, thinking I can walk there because it is only a few centimeter to the destination in the map. He told me it would take me 6 km then it is better for him to take me. I end up in a restaurant with a lot of tank fill with seafood. I order a seafood paste with rice and it is delicious. It cost me about 2 euro and the drink included too. Amazing good food bargining. After I went back to hotel and a good sleep.

Hanuman