Verbier Travel Blog

Although I LOVE skiing, yet I always look forward to a cup of hot chocolate on the mountain and of course to apres skiing... I find that it is always good to either hire a guide or even better join a small group of skiers of silmilar level and age with an instructor/ guide and enjoy the day without getting lost and meet more people to have apres skiing with!

Ok, I will start with one of my favourits!
Verbier in Switzerland:
Verbier is one of the world's most popular winter resorts covering an enormous area for skiers and snowboarders of all ablities to explore. The skiing in and around Verbier can be broken up into 4 areas, namely: Verbier, La Tzoumaz/Savoleyres, Bruson and Mt Fort/4 Valleys. All areas are quite distinct one from the other, offering different types of terrain of varied difficulty. Even if you are not an advanced skier it is a must to take the lift up to Mt. Fort as from the top of the Mont Fort you can take in the awesome views of the Matterhorn towards the East, and Mont Blanc to the West. Magnificent!

My friends and I have hired instructors/ guides from Ecole Suisse de ski and from Altitude Verbier and found that the Altitude instructors  were much better ( or maybe I was lucky to get better instructors there). I heard that Adrenalin and Powder Extreme are also good.
I think that Verbier also has some the best apres skiing in the world! You can literally stay in your ski boots till 4 in the morning and just go from one place to another and then of course wake up nice and early for another day of skiing! (there is a ski rental place about 50 meters from the main lift Medran that will store your shoes so you don't have to stay in ski books for going out). I can name a few places: I would start with Fer a Cheval, then can continue to Farinet lounge or to Pub Mont Fort. Farinet lounge would be my preference. After dinner one can have a cocktail at Kings bar and the continue to Farm club, a Verbier institution, or other clubs like Casbah or a fancy Coco club!

There are lots of hotels and B&Bs to stay in Verbier, if there are 4-8 of you travelling together you can easily rent a chalet or apartment in a chalet! Anyway -  happy to share information with whoever is plannig to go to Verbier!

photo by: skibabe