First week or so back home in Brussels

Brussels Travel Blog

People asked me whether or not I was excited to be coming back to Europe. I was hesitant to answer because what I was feeling was not really excitement I think. I was thrilled to be going but I didn't have the same the feeling that I had the first year and a little the second year. I was happy to be coming and I am thrilled to be here, but I don't have the feeling of excitement that one gets when they go somewhere new. This isn't new. It is definitely welcome. I am glad to be here. But I had things to think about. I had to think about work. I always miss my little boys.

Anyway- I have spent the past couple of days getting reacquainted with my second hometown. (PS- I cannot upload pics yet - those will be forthcoming) I ate all the foods I missed. I went to places I wanted to see.

Yesterday I had a great time. All of the students arrived on time and we got them all handed off to their host families. Then I went downtown and experienced the Zinneke Parade. Photos to come soon. I then came home and enjoyed a lovely dinner with some friends of the family.

I'm pooped, but looking forward to the upcoming week.
photo by: Vlindeke