Red's Eats, Wiscasset, Maine

Wiscasset Travel Blog

I thought I was going to have trouble finding Red's Eats, seeing as my directions that I had printed out had me going down all sorts of side streets. Therefore, it was a pleasant surprise to see Red's Eats pop up into view right on Route 1, just as I was preparing myself to deal with crappy directions.

The reason this is an important entry is beacause I have never tried lobster before. Period. I used to be extremely picky when I was younger, and I still have some catching up to do, now that I don't mind trying new things. Anyway, we were very hungry by now and anything sounded good. A glance at the line was enough to tell us that we were in for a wait, but I didn't expect to actually wait as long as we did (which turned out to be about an hour; there were only about 20 people in front of us, tops). But I toughed it out, since this place supposedly had the best lobster roll in Maine (later I was to learn that I should have tried eating a regular lobster before a lobster roll for my first taste, but it's too late now).

The lobster tasted a great deal as I expected it to, but the texture was unexpected. I guess I didn't imagine it being so tough. Still, I enjoyed it (with butter), though I think I need to eat a boiled lobster before I make my final decision. Incidentally, Mel has never tried lobster, and didn't try it here.
Wiscasset