Duck Puddle Campground

Nobleboro Travel Blog

Duck Puddle Campground was our campground of choice for the night, due to its close proximity to Hardy Boat cruises. On our way to Duck Puddle, we started leaving the "lobsterman yellow raincoat ayup" aspect of Maine, and started entering the "there are kids in the road, one's on a four wheeler, and they're all yelling at my Jeep" aspect. Slight misgivings exploded into almost panic as we drove into the campsite, and all I could see was a giant grassy field with row after row of RVs and tents. I calmed down a bit when I realized that we had our own tent site in the woods in the back of the campground, but that didn't stop most of the campground from being completely insane and driving around in a pickup truck honking the horn, towing a bunch of kids in a wagon, singing songs, and karaoke late into the night.

Still, the campground served its purpose, and we had a place to stay. And I don't actually have anything against anyone getting drunk and having a good time. In fact, I pounded a six pack of Double Bag that night. I tried to light a fire, but failed spectacularly, and Mel ended up having to do it for me.

I woke up feeling fairly crappy, but I felt better once we were driving and on the road, because it was AN UNDENIABLY PERFECT DAY!
Nobleboro