LA & Las Vegas

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Legend !!

After 24 flights, 6 pairs of flip flops, 3 campervans, 4 pairs of sunglasses, many many bus journeys and countless bottles of sun cream, we are HOME!!

We have had such an amazing time over the past 7 months and are sad that its come to an end, but its also nice to be back in our flat and see all our friends and family again. In some ways it feels like we haven't been away for very long but then when we look at all our photo's (which we did the other day - it took us a good couple of hours) it feels like we have done and seen so much!

We left Fiji on 8th May and travelled to LA where we stayed for 3 nights in Santa Monica. I must say that I don't rate LA very highly - it was a bit of a dump! But Santa Monica seemed like a nice area and our hotel was nice and we weren't too far from the beach.

Morning of the big day
We spent the first afternoon fighting jet lag - we made ourselves go out for the afternoon to try and stay awake for as long as possible. We visited Santa Monica Pier and there is a lovely shopping area with lots of things to look at. We also had our first American meal - a massive burger of course!

LA is such a big place and it took us about an hour to get to Hollywood the next day, by bus. It was good to see all the stars' handprints and have a look at the Hollywood sign but it was very crowded and there were some right weirdo's around! People dressed up as film stars charging people to have a picture with them and people handing out CD's of their music and stuff. And because they were American they were loud and extravagant and very annoying!!

We spent our last day looking around downtown (which is the centre of town where the business district is).

group shot
There wasn't much there to look at to be honest, except the Walt Disney concert hall which was a massive silver building. But we did find a really nice mexican fast food place and had a massive burrito for about £2. That was the highlight of the day. Seriously.

On the Sunday we got the greyhound bus to Las Vegas and met up with Sam, Bob, Val and Aunty Marian. It was so lovely to see them and very exciting that we were all in Vegas! We stayed at the MGM Grand (we shared a room with Val & Marian - as if we could afford to stay there!) which was far too posh for us backpackers - not what we were used to at all! Its the biggest hotel in the world you know! And the best bit - it has real lions that live in a nice enclosure downstairs.

Great!

It was the day of the wedding on Tuesday 13th May and in the morning me ads and Marian were literally kicked out of our room so that Val could get ready and be waiting for when Sam needed her, so we went and had breakfast in New York. No not New York, New York New York - The New York themed hotel on Las Vegas strip of course!

The wedding was in the MGM Grand's wedding chapel. The whole day was lovely - Sam looked beautiful, everything went smoothly and the meal we had afterwards was yummy. It was so nice for me and Adam to wear different clothes other than the ones in our backpacks! To my relief, I can still walk in high heals! Hooray! And I had almost forgotten what Adam looked like in a suit - very hansome indeed!

We were lucky enough to have a whole week in Vegas so we got to see everything we wanted to see and spend some time by the pool too! We went on a trip to the Grand Canyon by helicopter which is deffo one of the highlights of our trip! We also saw most of the big resort hotels which are so big - I feel like we walked for miles and miles! There is just so much to see.

After the coach journey from hell (no aircon in 40 degree dessert heat) we arrived back in LA for our last night of the trip, before catching our first flight to Mexico early the next morning. It took ages to get home since it was cheaper for us to go via mexico then heathrow then, finally Manchester. And then my bag didn't turn up at mancs. I guess it was bound to happen at some point given all the flights we had done! But don't worry - I got it back the next day, delivered straight to my door!

Well I hope you have enjoyed reading our blog over the last few months and it has made you very jealous! Or more likely, bored you to tears!

Hoover Dam
the beautiful bride
the beautiful bride
Freemont experience
Freemont experience
best water slide ever !! goes thro…
best water slide ever !! goes thr…