great tour

Fremantle Travel Blog

main cell block

A tour of the Fremantle Prison is a fantastic and fascinating day. The Fremantle Prison is a piece of living history. When you step inside you will be transported back in time to experience what it is like behind the thick walls and inside the tiny cells in which people lived day after day, the stunning art painted straight on the walls and the inspiring convict-made architecture.If only the walls could talk! The guides know some amazing stories. This ancient buildings history holds many secrets and stories ready to be shared. We had a really good tour guide.

I have never been inside a prison - not that I really want to be - but knowing I am just a visitor and that I can leave any time I want to, made me feel allright.

There was one room I really did not like at all -  - it was the room where they hung people. Horrible place!

Amazing that they actually had inmates until 1991! The place is really old and in not very good condition but of course it should not be fun anyway. The tour was about 2 hours and I was very glad and happy to see the prison walls from the outside again after that.

It is for sure worth a visit! They also offer tunnel tours and night tours!

convict prison cell
reconstructed cell of the earlier …
reconstructed cell of the earlier…
Gatehouse
Gatehouse
Fremantle Sights & Attractions review
The Fremantle Prison has a rich and varied past. As a place of incarceration for almost 150 years its inmates included British convicts, local prisone… read entire review
Fremantle