Rafting and Chook Chaser´s in Baños

Banos Travel Blog

After the stunning Laguna Quilotoa, we headed further south down to Baños... a touristy, but justifiably so due to it beauty, little town set beneath the gigantic volcan tungarahua.

Arriving late, we met up with the other couple of Aussie lads we had been travelling with, who had sorted everything for us... room, next days activities and even somewhere to eat....

We went white water rafting our first day in Baños.... as you could imagine 8 guys in 2 boats on a tumultous river became quite competitive, and fun. plenty of banter, races, ramming, etc etc.  We were well and truly knackered by the end of the day, but decided to push on and celebrate my birthday that night.... with some rum and singing. Hilarious!!

The next day (my actual b´day) a few of us went rock climbing, but had to pull up short after feeling a little ill from the prior night´s celebrations.

The next few day´s I was bed bound with a flu/gastro combination. Ouch.

I managed to get going again though enough to join in on some fun on motorbikes....exploring the surrounding mountains, getting bogged, spraying each other with mud and all the usual antics you´d expect when a bunch of mates get together on motorbikes.... too all of our suprise, nobody was hurt!

anyway.... next it´s off to scale cotopaxi!!! a 5,900m volcano.... bring on the ice picks and crampons!!!
Banos