Antigua Travel Blog

Finding broomy was pretty easy... it was only a matter of checking facebook, and walking to his hostel. We both admitted that we actually enjoyed not having each others company.... and that we need to go our own way again somewhere down the track...

Antigua was a nice town. Old colonial feel. Most importantly, it had good food and coffee... which is about all I need. There wasnt actually a whole lot to do there that wasnt hideously expensive, so I was keen to move on... looking for more adventure activities.

We did however need to get to guatemala city to pick up some supplies. We managed to bum a ride into town with a friendly local, who drove us around looking for canon camera┬┤s (which are very rare in guatemala). We left him though as he had to go to work.... and continued our hunt via taxi. No more that 5 minutes after leaving him, our taxi was pulled up by three heavily armed motorcycle police.... uh -oh. They were cranky, and didnt like the fact Broomy didnt have his passport on him. I had my NZ one on me, but luckily, they didnt realise it didnt have a guatemala stamp in it. Not knowing what they had in mind for us, they pretty much scared the sh$t out of us... but luckily they let us off without robbing or locking us up. Anyway, we bought what we needed then headed back to antigua and onwards to San Pedro La Laguna
john1112 says:
ohh wow!!!
sorry that happen to you, hope the rest of the trip goes well

Posted on: Jul 16, 2008