Stonehenge

Amesbury Travel Blog

As we arrived I was shocked to see the stones, a bit suddenly, as we crested a hill.  Once inside, Stonehenge was a little spooky with the slight wind and rain and towering stones formed unnaturally.  I was surprised to learn from the travel guide reading there are other more impressive or astrologically significant sites around the isle.  Being a tourist, Stonehenge was enough for me.

The pictures don't do the location justice.  The size of not just the stones, but the site as a whole was amazing and inspiring.

After our visit to Stonehenge we drove up to Cardiff and stayed the night there.  It was our hope to see castles and our arrival in Cardiff did not disappoint us.
cotterb says:
Thank's for all the comments!. You can walk around (in a circle) the stones, but they have a large circle too keep you at least 25 feet(ish) from them. So you can't touch them, or really even be close to them.
sylviandavid says:
This sounds like such a great place..... I love to read that pictures don't do it justice.... It's so ancient and full of history! Great review! Thank you! Sylvia
sylviandavid says:
Can you actually walk next to the stones? We want to go there one day....
Amesbury Sights & Attractions review
Stonehenge
This a place worth seeing because of it's mystery, but also because of the audio guide. The audio guide comes with the entrance fee and is very compr… read entire review
Amesbury