Planning Each Day

Fort Wayne Travel Blog

So, we have done a great deal of research and we are no ready to start planning each day that we will be in Istanbul.  My traveling companion and I both want to maximize our visit, so we have created a long list, that is certainly incomplete, and will begin the process of putting each attraction or activity into a day-part.  It sounds awfully Germanic doesn't it.  Hmmm.  Seems appropriate.  I am a German.  So, we will start with a leisurely walkabout the night of our arrival.  Having slept on the plane en route to Amsterdam we should be relatively rested and sychronized to Istanbullu time when we finally arrive there.  We will just walk in a meandering circle and take in the evening sights and sounds and scents.  Perhaps we will walk past Aya Sofia, probably toward the confluence of the Golden Horn and Bosphorus, perhaps into the warren of streets west of our hotel.  Orientation is the goal, so we will walk for two hours stopping along the way to sample a raku, a coffee or a tea.  Probably all three.  We will also contact our new TravBuddy friends to arrange dinners together and walks.  Those face-to-face chats may be the high point of trip.  The face of Istanbul to me could be anything, but it will probably be that of our friends.  The next morning we will have an early breakfast and head for our first attraction, probably something close, probably Aya Sofia which, is, afterall, the greatest attraction in Istanbul.  So, this Wednesday we start laying out the itinerary.  It should be fun.
Fort Wayne