Losing Kev

Richmond Travel Blog

My mate Kev and me.

I awoke on Tuesday morning to a text message from the friend T. The message lead to a phone call and that phone call lead me to the sad news of my great friend Kev who passed away earlier that morning, back in England.

After a distraught day waiting for news from England I decided that I could not continue my travels until I had returned to England and made my last goodbyes to my dear friend.

Now this leaves me in a tricky dilemma. This Blog was intended to cover my journey from Halifax to Vancouver, not to cover the private intricacies of my life. It is however a great way for my family and friends to know what I’m up to. It is for this reason that I have decided to continue making entries through this difficult time and maintain a consistent record of events. Eventually I will get to Vancouver and start a new blog, until then this is just part of my journey there.

I packed up my things and arranged to spend Wednesday night in Massachusetts and then travel on to Toronto the following day.

The drive up on Wednesday morning was long and relatively uneventful. I sang along to the only two CDs I had with me (actually I had three CDs but the third one is so terrible I stays in the glove box). Finally arriving in Amherst around 7pm I collapsed into bed as soon as I could.

Richmond