The Gory Details

Prince Edward Island Travel Blog

The First aid kit. Now heavily depleted.

It may appear that I’m living the high life, traveling without issue (occasionally) where and when I choose. I must advise you that this is not the case. English flesh is sort after by the locals and I find myself hunted down and sometimes fleeing for my life.

Take yesterday evening for example. I was just sitting down to dinner when a horde of them appeared. I fled into the car, but they flew in too, so I upped and left shutting them in the car. Giving mosquitoes the onesie-twosie is a technique I’ve had to learn the hard way. Giving anything the onesie-twosie is a technique I’ve been professionally tutored in by my older brother from a young age. Thank you brother, our childhood antics are finally paying off! Can I have my walkman back now?

Here is my injury hall of fame, unfortunately not containing photos from a few weeks ago when I was literally covered in bites. My injury du jour is a massive bump on my arm that appeared in the night. I awoke this morning with the worst dead arm since secondary school.

Others on the list include sunburn, and various cuts (one from tying to catch a fish and getting a sharp rock instead). These lessons I impart to you with the wish that the exercise with which they were learnt is not repeated. Kick not the rock upon which you have just stubbed your toe. Mock not the deer fly you have just evaded. Strained nostrils can occur from picking your nose and braking urgently.

The First aid kit. Now heavily dep…
The First aid kit. Now heavily de…
the bump