In the Beginning...

Cambridge Travel Blog

PoD prepares for the off

Welcome to my Travel Blog!

This blog is going to show you my adventures as I travel from Nova Scotia to Vancouver. But this is just the pre-adventure bit where I get to set the scene, introduce the main characters and explain how my blog is going to work.

Firstly, I was told recently how travel blogs often exhaustively repeat certain phrases like 'Wow that was amazing' or 'it was soo cool!!' so in an attempt to avoid repititions of this kind and in true Andy Brook form I will be indexing the strength of my adjectives on a sliding scale of +10 to -10. Thus 'OMG you would not BELIEVE how absolutely fantastic this is' rates as (10), and 'This was like having my intestines turned inside out over the period of a week' rates as (-10). Anything in between you can use your own imagination.

Secondly, I can't guarantee that my writing style is going to remain consistent. For example at the moment I'm writing this in a very matter-of-fact tone, and this probably comes across strongly in my use of commas.  Each Journal entry may (or may not) be accompanied by a style warning at the top, and should assist the reader in attempting to decypher what I'm on about. for example I imagine I may well write an entry in the style of a David Attenborough wild life documentary one day, and in the style of a Marvel Comic book the next. This is just to keep you on your toes.

If you're actually reading this, then you're probably a friend. In which case I don't need to introduce myself, but if not then: Hi I'm Andy and this is my Travel Blog. In a few hours I'll be embarking for Toronto (9), a flight of 8 or so hours from my home in the UK. From there I'm (Hopefully) obtaining a car/RV/Camper van and driving up to Halifax in Nova Scotia, before starting the longest leg of my road trip: driving to Vancouver.

On with the show...

spocklogic says:
Certainly an entertaining narrative of your journey. Can't say I read all 76 entries, but it looks like you have a few years of travels here. Worth a revisit for sure to read additional entries another time... Bravo on the feature!
Stigen says:
I am personally more of a sucker for exclamation marks ! And sometimes find myself using them a bit more then need be !!!
But traveling just causes to much excitment for me..
Stigen says:
Congrats on the feature , I agree fully with your agressive stance on the issue of comma usage.
Cambridge