Safari in Serengeti

Serengeti Travel Blog

For some reason I cannot sleep at nights. Most probably it is due to the excitement! I got up at 5:30 am, took a shower and walked around the hotel. The sun was coming out, so it was beautiful. It is one of the nicest hotels I have been to. I had never seen before a hotel so concerned about preserving nature the way they do it here.

We left around 8:30 am. That was too late for me, but I am travelling with more people. The best time to take pictures is from 8am to 10am and then again from 4:30am to 6:30pm. Sunset is around  18:15pm and the sun comes out about the same time (6:15am) They always have 12 hours of light.

We saw many different animals but the most remarkable one was the leopard.

We could not get very close, but it was engough to see the leopard rest on a tree. During most of the time was lying down but at some point he stood up!

We took with us a picnic and stopped at a rest area. Lunch was quite fun, even better after having one of the local beers. Beers in Tanzania (Safari, Serengeti, Serengeti Premium, Kilimanjaro…)

On the way to the hotel we were driving and then suddenly a huge African elephant was walking towards the car. Our guide warned us to stay quite so we did. The elephant passed by a meter away from the car. We have been told that an elephant is capable of aatacking you, so we took our guide´s warning very seriously. I could feel how the rest of the group was quite impressed by the situation.

Oce we got to the hotel I took my tripod with me and I headed to the swimming pool. Before setting up all my equipment to take pictures to the sunset I ordered a Serengeti Premium (beer).

After dinner (around ninish) I went to the bar to see the show! Quite impressive.

By the way, today I asked our guide and driver about clubs in Lago Manyara and tomorrow they will take us to go out. Quite scary as I don´t know the place and the people, but we are here for good adventures! I will explain tomorrow…

Serengeti Sights & Attractions review
There is just one thing I couldn´t do in my trip to Tanzania and that I regret so much! The Balloon Safari! There is just one place where you can do … read entire review
photo by: Baosafari