San Diego, CA

San Diego Travel Blog

Strip Club? HA! What are you thinkin? ITS A STEAKHOUSE!

I stayed at a hotel the Ramada Inn, near the San Diego convention center, walking distance. My pharmacy meeting were held there, which happens to be in  Gaslamp district. Gaslamp district was full of Jazz bars, modern restaurants, and clubs. I was attracted to a place that was called the Martini Bar, which didn't even serve martinis, it mostly had beers on tap so that sucked. I loved the creativity of the this restaraunt called the "Strip Club" and of course my mind without knowing its a restaraunt, is thinking a..what? Yes a STRIP CLUB. But no, it was a Steak house, decorated with provocative photos and painting of women. What irony! This place has been also talked about on the travel channel.

The Jazz bars and piano bars were great.

Similar to the jazz & piano bars here in fort lauderdale, FL. The Gaslamp district is very old, and has been renovated.  And of course, if you are an animal lover, please devot an entire day to the San Diego Zoo. I looked up directions prior, then took a cab to the zoo, I think my husband and I were like 3rd in line before the zoo opened. Believe it or not, it was actually kinda cold that day!

The zoo was open like 9-5pm and it took the entire time to see the entire park. I was so impressed! Especially if you particularly like one animal, its great to see that particular animal. I love giraffees!! And at lunch feeding time, I stood in line to feed the giraffees. It was great, we got the best pictures! I fed them little red biscuits, like 3 biscuits for $5.

00. I mean how often do you feed a giraffee?? They had every animal a child would want to see: zebras, monkeys, deer, wolf, goats, animals I can't even pronounce. Animals from every contienent!

While I was at the pharmacy meetings, my husband checked out Coronado Beach, and he said it was gorgeous. The west coast beaches and east coast beaches apparantly are quite different so its nice to see both. We walked around downtown, and ate at Ruth Chris Steakhouse. Not a steakhouse to dine at every night because it was pricey, but it was definitely great to try. It was right on the water, and beautiful at sunset. Also San Diego is very close to the Mexican border, so in that area they are known for their quality Tequilas as well. So try a little while you are there!

For the length of our trip we staying at Ramada Inn, a smaller restaraunt and bar was attached, which was nice bc it wasn't too expensive and was close.

I think we ate breakfast there every morning bc no contential breakfast was offered. It was also nice bc if we didnt want to go out doing something late and crazy, we would hang out there, low key and have a drink.

I was actually surprised when I would ask around about a place to swing dance, not only did I have a hard time finding a place online, but no one there in Gaslamp downtown knew of a place to go swing dancing either. My swing dance crew here in SFL, say that swing dancing there is awesome. Maybe one day I will have another opportunity to check it out.

Strip Club? HA! What are you think…
Strip Club? HA! What are you thin…
The pharmacy crew!