ING - Internation National Gathering aka Bay to Brakers 2008
San Francisco Travel Blog› entry 1 of 1 › view all entries
May 22nd, 2008 – by: surfercalavera
The date: third sunday of May.
The cost: $45 if you want to race (actual porpuse) or just enough to get all the alcohol you can handle
The assumption: Tere's something disturbing about being drunk at 8am. And there's something miraculous about getting so many San Franciscans out of bed at 7am on a cold windy Sunday morning and it's crazy to find yourself in the midst of so many thousands of creative and friendly people for hours of a rolling party.
The setting: You are at this giant street party that spans the width of our city, ambling along, finding everyone so approachable, and silly & giving. You can stop along the way for karaoke, pole-dancing, raving, moustache-rides or to down a couple of jello shots.
The reward: Priceless
Bay to Breakers=Halloween.
Here are some things FYI:
1) The crazier the costume, the more fun you are going to have!
2) Girls love to dance on moving platforms, actually everywhere and whenever after a few blocks (drinks)
3) San Francisco becomes a huge dump, mess.
4) Bring hand sanitizer
5) BIG NO: Don't drink the night before and get a hang over the day of the race
6) Watch people drink alcohol that might be exposed to roofies
10) Don't stare too long at naked guys or your friends will make fun of you
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!