The day my posse met TBs!

Monrovia Travel Blog

The entire LA Core Crew!
So we all knew this day would come. The day that your "real life" friends meet TB friends.. Two of my old roommies/college friends came out to Joy's house today for a Memorial Day BBQ as they both live within 5 minutes of her and I haven't seen them in 6 months whereas I see Joy and crew, oh.. every other day?! But can I tell you what an amazing woman she is for CONSTANTLY opening her home to us for little more than a "thank you". I can't say enough good about Joy - she's simply the coolest and I'd throw down for her I love her that much!!

So today was the first cloudy Memorial Day in recent memory but we BBQ'ed it up and fresh salads and turkish food were made. Alice even made red-wine poached pears with creme fraiche on top of all her other dishes! Anh brought a platter of sandwiches and as any rockstar - didn't forget to ask for a shitload of peppercinos.
Karin, Me and Anh

What a great group. SO excited Angel was able to come out from OC! Very happy I got to hang out with Tracy's brother El for a bit. And Joy let my friends crash so I got to catch up with Karin and Anh who I haven't seen in forever!

So let's see - what happened here that only happens on Travbuddy..? Hmm, a swordfight between Joy and Matt with these crazy ninja swords. Rob dropping a bunch of BBQ on the floor and then figuring out if the 3 second rule applied as we stared at the meatballs on the floor. Angel getting out knots and cricks in everyone - found one person sprawled out on the floor, another person in bed without their shirt on, etc! Oh and last but definitely not least. A dozen or so circle shots and then some with everyone's REARS. Of course, I did not partake in that one! The butt one is adorable though, it looks like the sun is eclipsed. There is one precious shot of that where Rob pops his head up and it looks like he's fallen down a well! All in all, another typical LA Core Crew hangout!
pvtjoy says:
I LOVE YOU GUYS - WE CAN ALWAYS CRASH AT MY PLACE - IT'S THE LA CORE CREWS HQ!!!!
I MISS YOU ALREADY!
DO I HAVE TO WAIT TILL FRIDAY TO SEE YOU GUYS?
Posted on: May 27, 2008
TRE69 says:
Joy is AWESOME for letting us chill at her place for the afternoon!!! Thanks Jenn for giving me your cold...dammit that just means that I need to avoid you for a bit...hahaha...see you Friday?!?!?
Posted on: May 27, 2008
Karin, Me and Anh
Whats a BBQ without some swordfig…
What's a BBQ without some swordfi…
El punking Nhi and Tracy
El punking Nhi and Tracy
Anh and I
Anh and I
Karin, Me and Anh take 2!
Karin, Me and Anh take 2!
Westside Karin
Alices husband
Alice's husband
Alice
Alice
Joy pulling out her sword.
Joy pulling out her sword.
Karin