Happy Birthday Chereese! (Reesiemac)

Winnetka Travel Blog

Birthday Girl Chereese!!!
Friday night, perhaps in mourning over Joy and Rob's departure to Europe.. Tracy and I had no plans =(  Nope, no plans WHATSOEVER on a FRIDAY!

So when Reesiemac said "It's my birthday, wanna come over?" we jumped for joy, jumped in a car and went over!! =)

Ok, so it wasn't that smooth. Actually what happened is we went to get dinner at nearly 10pm, then in the light of traffic, followed some mapquest directions and made our way to Winnetka, but I missed one of the directions so we ended up in this really posh, foresty residence when Tracy was like "are you sure we're going the right way?" The navigator (me) apparently missed a turn so backtracked away from the big mansions and went into the younger part of town and parked just as Alice pulled up!!

Chereese greeted us downstairs as well as a couple of her other friends and told us we were the first ones to arrive.
Chloe!!
The small party of 8 (Chereese, her sister, her roommate, her 2 friends, and us 3 TBs) soon became like.. 25 or something though. We honestly couldn't keep track of all the people coming through the door, but it was FUN. I've never been in a room of so many dancers!! They were so energetic, sweet and passionate about "the dance"! =)

But one of the best ice breakers ever were the two dogs that were present, Chloe (the little one) and I can't remember the name of the collie, but it also started with C. They were SUCH SWEET DOGS. The collie was so well behaved and gentle. The little chihuahua/pug mix was the size of both my hands, she was so sweet I was really really tempted to put her in my purse and steal her. No joke. I would commit a crime to have that little doggie!

It was so hard to take a picture of the little doggie because she's obviously a puppy and was kind of hyper, running around everywhere! So here I've got a shot or two of her as I was chasing her around, knocking people over who were in my way.
Chereese and Jay =)

I really miss the valley after hanging out with Chereese and her friends.. the mix of people is varied but everyone is really YOUNG. It's the perfect place for young people to all hang out, because housing is affordable but not sketchy like downtown can be. It reminded me a lot of my old apartment right down to the height of the balcony walls. The space was really nice and Chereese had the most eclectic/artsy mix of furniture and art. SO MUCH ART! =)

After some drinks and some hanging out, Alice broke out her cake. Actually I think a lot of people were eyeing the nice cardboard box - the presentation was SO professional! Alice had made a lovely almond-type cake?? It was awesome - AS USUAL. It was filled with candles and blown out, after which everyone scarfed it down!! =) I don't think I saw a crumb left.
All candles lit!

It was really fun meeting so many new people, all of whom were dancers and so sweet and wonderful. I wish we had stayed longer but I was getting so tired. I bet if we had a birthday party for Chereese next year in a dance hall or a spacious loft, there would be some crazy shenannigans going on with all that beauty and talent!! =)

Thank you Chereese for inviting us into your home, letting us celebrate your brithday with you and being such an amazing and beautiful hostess!!! =) HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I cant' wait to hang out some more, and SOON!!!
Reesiemac says:
The cake was "filled with candles". What are you trying to say, huh? Haha :)
Posted on: Aug 22, 2008
TRE69 says:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHEREESE! Jenn the collie's name was Cooper! Chereese's place is awesome even with paper mache arms and legs that freaked me out!
Posted on: Aug 09, 2008
alicegourmet says:
It was so awesome to hang out with you guys! Thanks Cheresse to invite us to her b'day party!
I love the tiny little Chole and the other dog Hoover too! Glad that you guys like the Orange Almond Cake! :D
Posted on: Aug 09, 2008
aww!!
aww!!
Another one to love and kiss and s…
Another one to love and kiss and …
For Chereese the star!