Chasing the LA Times

Santa Monica Travel Blog

Beautiful Doris and her wine =)
So in the midst of the banking meltdown and right before both Sheila and I are leaving for adjacent states (I'm going to SC this weekend and Sheila is going to the ATL for a week) we joined Doris for dinner at Rustic Canyon. It was featured in the LA times last week and we all thought it would be cool to check it out! I arrived exactly on time at 8:15pm and Doris and Sheila were already there.

It was such a great gabfest but as Doris pointed out the acoustics of the place were pretty awful. The entire restaurant was really loud but I could barely hear Sheila next to me and Doris across the table. I felt like I was yelling the entire time.

Food was okay, but not spectacular but the cinnamon dought dessert was amazing!! I happily drowned my sorrows today in fried dough and yes, I do feel better after the sinful dessert! =) Though the chances of it are low, Sheila will try and meet me in Savannah on Saturday or Sunday.
Lovely Sheila and her salad =)
But it will be a 4+ hour drive for her from Atlanta! =( If not, if she ends up meeting with Ragnar, she is going to call me so I can say hello! Yay!! =) We all miss our sweetheart German =)

Doris is hilarious - she offered me.. let's say.. some accessories for my weekend! =) Definitely left me in stitches as Doris kindly made suggestions - god I love that girl!!

Thanks girls for another wonderful dinner and great conversation. I love hanging out with Sheila and Doris =) Hope I am back to join Doris in celebrating her birthday in Cabo! =) Complete with villas! Oh how I love villas... And will try and save up for our next visit - to Mastro's! Oh lord, why is everyone trying to make me broke?? I think I'm going to need to buy a new dress for that one!
Sheila_0808 says:
had a great time girlies! we should catch again soon;D
jenn79 says:
Haha!! =) I do, I have the most AWESOME friends in LA and dinnertime with Doris no holds barred! She's a cutie! And so rarely do I have the need to drown my sorrows in fried dough, but it did just the trick yesterday, I was really hurting!!
Biglush_23 says:
On family: i always think theres two 1)the one ur born into 2)the one you make ^^

On accessories: damn girl, you got some true friends there ahahaha, and over dinner conversation?! Sexy!!

On "drown my sorrows today in fried dough": hahaha Yes!! (pumps hands in the air) im a fan of cooked dead animal too hahahah!!
Lovely Sheila and her salad =)
Doris and her mussels! =)
Doris and her mussels! =)
Girls outside Rustic Canyon