Saturday...

Bangkok Travel Blog

jim thompson's house

This morning we went to Jim Thompson's house. He put thai silks on the map. The houses were fairly interesting and the gardens were great. Our guide had kinda broken english but was friendly and cheerful. The problem is, it's very hard to make textiles interesting :p

After we had been to Jim Thompsons we went to MBK for lunch. They all went for thai food, so I went off on my own to use some burger king vouchers this lady had shoved into my hand. It was much like our burger king, but they had the food straight away instead of 30 mins later.

Next we got the skytrain to Chatuchak weekend market. It was so big, and extremely hot there! So the other 3 went shopping while me and Emma came back because she was tired and I just couldn't be bothered with it.

We had Thai lessons, I'm terrible at it :p

Our welcome meal was interesting. I won't lie and say I tried lots of new food, but I tried some, and I didn't like it :p So I sat and had my drink, then got takeout on the way back. And now I'm sat here. Not that eventful but tomorrow we go to the palace, Wat Pho and get a boat on the river, so should be fun.

We've been told that Koh phangan is a bit of a crazy island were 10 year olds ride motorbikes and dogs run around. Can't wait...

Sorry it's been possibly the most boring entry so far. I'm tired and couldn't be bothered putting any personality into it :p

Until next time...

P.S. Archie so shoulda won, Cook won't do as well cos he'll have to do a more poppy album now hes the winner. The only redeeming feature of United winning the champs league was John Terry was the loser who cost Chelsea it. I might be able to see Indiana Jones yet, its on here, other people wanna see it, and its in english.

Bangkok