white sandy beaches....

Ile aux Cerfs Travel Blog

Ile Aux Cerfs is a large island found on the east coast of Mauritius close to the coastal village of Trou D'Eau Douce in the district of Flacq. It is nearly 100 hectares in area. There are a number of lovely sandy beaches. The island is part of the public domain and is made available to Sun Resort on lease from Government. It is a very popular recreational spot for both Mauritians and tourists alike for there are close to 800 visitors to the island per day a few too many.

Because the Island is not very big, we thought we could walk around it.... well, we thought! After a wonderful  long walk and plenty of stops to go for a swim, we got to a spot where it was impossible to go any further! Mangrove trees everywhere and no path!

What now, we knew we will never make it back in time so we were kind of lost

BUT luckily a local fisherman spotted us and offered us to take us back - I guess this was not the first time that some dummy tourists stranded here.....  :-)

cocottedepolliat says:
Hi, I'm going to Mauritius in a few weeks, I see you have been in "trou d'eau douce", my hotel is next to this village so I 'd like to know how are the beach in this part of the island?? thank you very much
Posted on: Apr 06, 2009