Day of departure??

Mahebourg Travel Blog

OK so our final day... we expect a wake up call so we can get flights out ..... I woke up .... no alarm call.

Went over to reception and its really dark ....... great ... no flights ... airport closed!

I need to call the aiport and find out whats going on ... no phones!

We leave and drive to the airport to see whats happening - The security guards dont want to let us in but we managed to get to the terninal to find 10 people inc us there! The Uk guys were saying that a BA flight to Gatwick would leave next day - but no flights today due to the Cyclone - there was no staff at the aiport - just us!.

So we returned to the hotel and managed to get a room for the night - My colleague needs to call work as he is working the next day - we hadnt told anyone at work we were going away together as we didnt want any silly rumours - now we are both stuck and he has to tell work I am also with him! Oh fun!

So now back to the hotel - my colleague ias happy because the chef speaks italian and worked there - so good food on the menu now - hes happy - I find a phone at the reception and start trying to call some airlines ..... we have not been to the room yet ....

No luck - didnt manage to get through to anyone .... have to wait till tomorrow!

Now the room........

PINK! PINK sheets, bed, wallpaper ..... PINK! Lovely!

It was humid, warm and pink - my colleague and I play chess - he turns the AC off - I turn it on - we spend all night playing AC chess - no sleep - urgh!

photo by: chaosprism