Home Sweet Home

Spokane Travel Blog

So after breakfast (luggage in tow) we went down to check out of the hotel, and they were kind enough to let us stay in the pool until we had to drive to the airport. It was quite a relaxing afternoon. Mom and I were still pretty tired so we didn't swim for very long, but we sat under one of the umbrellas to read, call friends, etc. I finished re-reading the Little White Horse, and I must say it was as thrilling as the first and second time I read it!
    When it was time to leave, we took a shuttle to the airport and started our journey back home. It was a pleasent trip. On our flight from Los Angeles to Seattle, we sat next to a very nice lady whom we had an excellent conversation with that lasted the entire flight. We had an hour layover in Seattle again, and this time I got sick off the water there (from those annoying "GLUB GLUB GLUB" fountains I mentioned previously). It tasted horrid, and mom and I both got stomach aches. Mental note: at Sea-Tac, always have bottled water.
    Even after being gone for only three days, it was definitly good to be home. We arrived at 11:50 pm, and again the airport was deserted. I have decided late night/early morning is my favorite time to travel. Dad picked us up, and I was glad to see him (as well as everyone else!) When we got back home, the dogs were so happy to see us! Dori and Orion both were absolutely beside themselves. And much to my surprise, Iris (my kitty) didn't give me the cold shoulder for leaving. She immediately jumped up, started purring and came over to me. She's been very clingy ever since. She always misses me so much.
    So, one journey is over. But next comes Maryland! And I'll be sure to write all about it.
Until then!
sylviandavid says:
Just the experience was excellent. Who is good enough to even try out for such a complicated thing. You did well.... I was especially proud to read you were smiling dispite crying... that is showing a sportsmanship and competitive spirit! You Go Girl! sylvia
Posted on: Jun 01, 2008