Awesome Show

Los Angeles Travel Blog

Glendale Days Inn - 12:55
So last night was awesome. We went to the Civic center early to go shopping for a while and watch the open stage. The shopping was amazing. I actually stopped after a while because there were so many beautiful things I wanted! Although I did buy the necklace you see in the picture (it is so much more beautiful in real life). So I watched the open stage for a while, and I saw two girls especially that I thought were fantastic. That really got me warmed up for the show. A while before showtime we headed up to get good seats, and we did! Front row with a perfect view! I held our seats while Mom went to talk to Miles Copeland for a minute, and then we waited for the show to start. While we were waiting we had a nice conversation with the lady next to us (who also took this picture - thank you!).
Before long it was show time! Ansuya started off the first half, and she just set everyone off clapping and cheering. Her stage presence, energy and technique practically lit the stage on fire! After her came Moria, who performed an enchanting tribal piece that reminded me of Misses Lovitt. She infected the crowd with happy insanity. Then Bozenka came out and dazzled us with her wings piece. I was so happy to see her for the first time, and she certainly didn't disappoint me! Then Samantha Hasthrope wowed us with her flexibility and musical interpretation. That's the first time I've seen her do a solo. Next we saw Helena Vlahos, whom I'd never seen before. She had excellent energy. And finally came Morrocco, who had amazing presence.
After a twenty minute intermission the Babelesque show began, and it was thrilling as always! I was tingling all over during the opening piece. The show, though shortened from when I saw it before, dazzled me as much this time as the first! I'm so happy to have seen it again.
    Today is audition day! I'm so excited. We're taking the morning to just relax, so I slept in and read my book some more. We're about to go eat lunch and then in a couple hours it'll be time to head to the auditions!!! I'll be sure to write all about it, though it probably won't be until I get back to Spokane as things will be busy from here on in!
Can't wait!

milltownmeadow says:
GOOD LUCK WITH THE AUDITION :)))
Posted on: May 27, 2008