Monterosso, Cinque Terre

Monterosso Travel Blog

Monterosso seemed insanely busy after a few days amongst the other quieter towns of the Cinque Terre, though coming off the walk on this end was a blessing as the hike ended right at the beach. Although not as boulder-like as the other towns, the beach at Monterosso is pebbly, but the water is gorgeous. It's not as crowded at the end closest to the start of the Cinque Terre walk, and you don't have to pay for the beach at that end of it!

There are loads of souvenir and tourist shops here, and the town really is a lot busier and has that more rushed feel to it. Personally, as a place to stay, I would prefer one of the other towns along the coast, though we did find an amazing pizza place here right near the rail bridge on the way into town from the beach. It's good and cheap, and the staff are really friendly - see picture of my pesto pizza for evidence of yumminess.

Although I didn't walk around the town extensively (once again spending most of my time here on the beach or eating at the pizza place!), it seemed nice and although much busier, still definitely had that holiday feel to it. There are more families staying here too, so the buzz is much louder and kid-oriented, and there is probably a better night life here than the other towns, though that wasn't what I was really there for so it didn't interest me that much (a sign of age perhaps!).

Monterosso