Weekend in Jaipur

Jaipur Travel Blog

Hi folks!!

Ok, so this weekend I have spent in Jaipur (The Pink City) and the final destination that I needed to visit before I could say I have toured the golden triangle (Delhi, Agra, Jaipur).

Jaipur is 5hrs bus journey from Delhi and I was travelling with my boss . Don't worry, not like the buses you would normally associate with india. I splashed out a whole £4 and took the gold class bus (exactly the same volvo bus we get in UK) with air conditioning and recliner seats. (in other words bog standard UK bus)

The sheraton hotel in delhi sorted out accomodation at its sister hotel in Jaipur (for free of course). I started trip with shopping.

.. bought mum a birthday present (i haven't forgotten!), give you a clue.... Jaipur is the city of gold... :)

Saturday started early with my driver arriving at 08:30am. I visited the Amber Fort (built 400 yrs ago), the water palace, rode an elephant and other places of interest (too many to list).

Highlight was Amber fort where I learnt how by influencing the shape of the fort, maharaja Jai Singh was able to seperate his 12 wives and watch all 12 rooms from his master bedroom. This was personal development at it's best...... I will devinately draw on this experience when pursuing my hugh heffner ambitions.

In the evening.... went to a theme park ... it is built to replicate an old style indian village... I did lots of fun things...

Saw a freak show with scary people putting nails through their cheek, a parrot told me my future, saw gorgeous women doing some impressive indian dancing, dressed up like a maharaja and finally ate a traditional rajastani banquet.... sitting on floor in big circle, given a leaf as a plate, every 2 mins somebody putting food onto your plate (whether you want it or not)... this lasted 1hrs.... took me 3 hrs to get feeling back in my legs.

Sunday was spent at the poolside in my hotel, reading a book and drinking cosmopolitans with big umbreallas in the glass!

Today is monday and had a busy day at work... a good type of busy... I feel that I am making a big difference and got some really good feedback and results.

Now to upload some pics and get to bed!!

Miss you all!