Little differences

New Delhi Travel Blog

Ok, so been working around the clock this week and not had time to enjoy the really nice weather I see out of the office window.

Last Sunday, I sat in on, and helped interview a candidate. I was really impressed on how he held his nerve. Very strange that the rules/laws we fear in the UK go completely out of the window when you're in India. We asked for references and then my colleague called his previous manager straight after the interview (on a Sunday) and asked for a reference (before he could be tipped off). We asked about his family, what illness he has recently had etc etc.

Afterwards I got to watch the IPL Cricket Final. I have got into the Cricket league here.... I have always found cricket to be a bit long and boring but they play really short games here, so the players just take a good swing.

This morning I did a very sad experiment. I counted how many people would say: "good morning mr kalaria" (not sir) from the moment I woke up to the moment I reached the office..... the answer was 10!

The cleaner, the lift security guard, the waitress for breakfast, the coffee pourer, the chef, the bell boy holding the door open, the conceierge, the taxi stand guard, the driver, the security man outside the office.

That is good service!! Tomorrow I will count the number of cows I see.

More protests planned this week but I am braving the journey. At the weekend, I got a 4hrs coach journey to Jaipur which has a lot of history and great shopping.

I would have completed the famous golden triangle then: Delhi, Jaipur and Agra.

Thats it for now....