The Last Day

Soroako Travel Blog

The dorm in the morning

In the morning before breakfast, again I walked around the dorm. I enjoyed the situation once again. I felt a little bit sad because I would leave tomorrow.

In the afternoon, after finishing the training and coaching, Yamin and I were picked up by my old friend. He was Prima, my high school friend. We accidentally met when Bapak Dekker took us for lunch in an Indonesian restaurant on the second day. He was a security super intendent. So, he took us for a ride with his official car. It was a jeep made in US, had special lamp on the roof and special antene. Actually, he would take us to the waterfall to see the electric generator, but unfortunately it was late. I was going to be dark soon. I felt very regret, because actually he had been waited for us since 3 o'clock.

So, don't cry over the spilt milk, he took us to the nursery.

The giant truck
It was the place for young trees to be planted as replacement of the cut ones because of nickel mining. From the top of the hill of the nursery, we could see the lake and the town. It was beutiful. We met some people that had the same purpose with us.

Then, Prima took us to the place where we could see the giant truck used to dump slag. Now, Yamin and I knew that they used a container made of stone to bring the hot slag. The wheels of the truck even taller than me!

When we went back to the dorm. Yamin and I had dinner. After that I had a shower and packed because tomorrow I would leave. Around 10 o'clock, Prima came again and we had a chat together with Yamin until 1 o'clock. Gosh... I was sleepy and tired and tomorrow I had to wke up early because our flight was at 7. It was okay because it was our last day.

Another view of the dorm
Another view of the dorm
The cars used in mining area
The cars used in mining area
Lake Matano and Sorowako from the …
Lake Matano and Sorowako from the…
My old friend Prima