The Departure

Jakarta Travel Blog

I was assigned to go to Sorowako (Soroako) by my supervisor at Madania Educational Inovation Center. I had to observe, coach, and give training to the teachers at SMP YPS (Junior High School belongs to Sorowako Education Foundation).

I was happy and nervous at the same time. I was happy because I would see the Lake Matano that my friends told me how beautiful it was. I was nervous because I had not been to Sulawesi before and I didn't know the characters of the people. I got information that Sulawesi people had strong characters. It was the opposite the characters of Javanese which I am one of them.

I woke at 3 o'clock in the morning because I was picked up by Roto (my school driver) at 4. When he picked me up, he had picked up Yamin. I would go to Sorowako with Yamin.

It only took us an hour to reach the International Airport of Soekarno-Hatta. We arrived earlier than the check in time. So, we prayed shubuh first and waited for a while.

We took Garuda airlines. The flight was on time. They served the breakfast. I rarely used Garuda because it was expensive. So, I was happy got a meal from them :)

Jakarta