"Thanks for the Memories Crispy!"
California Travel Blog› entry 7 of 9 › view all entries
YEAH...it's road trip time! Tracy and Will are on their way and it's time for us to head out ourselves. Unfortunately, despite what Old School Bill (OSB) preaches about NPP, sometimes plans and schedules are good!!! LOL. Our mini detour ended up taking us on a 16 hour road trip versus the 6 hour drive home originally planned. But there is always a bright side to the "No Plan Plans".....you end up seeing things you would've never experienced and might've missed something really great. In our case, we experienced that and more. Julz, Jillian, and I learned we make the BEST travel partners. 14 hours in a car and we didn't want to kill each other...in fact, I was sad as we dropped Julz off in Santa Clara, and then dropped Jillian off in San Francisco.
Rather than blog about each stop, I just want to focus on the quotes and pure entertainment from the trip. The pics say it all.....we took some amazing pics from various places along PCH which surprisingly Jillian and Julz had never been. It was a beautiful trip up the California coastline and we figured out the combination of us three together is a magnet for just craziness. LOL.
<< Leaving Los Angeles >>
- Trying to race down the street outside the Alcove to throw all our luggage in the car in 20 seconds while Mr.
- The fact that the luggage ALL fit (remember the pics of us coming down - that was a 20 minute pack job initially)
- Driving along and someone mentioning, "Yeah, I was in a costume....but it wasn't even Halloween"
- Big semi truck honking at us to try and get our attention and us all screeching
<< Arrival in Solvang, CA>>
- Cookies?!?! Did you say cookies??!?! Where?? OMG I'm going to eat everything in here.
- Jillian ordering three BIG desserts and when asked if these are to go, Jillian says, "No, I am eating them all now.
- Taking pics of every dessert possible and sending them to Mel on the camera phone
- Eating the desserts and asking Jillian, "Hey what does that one taste like?" "Like this," as she takes a big bite of it! LOL
- "OMG, don't take a picture of me eating that, it looks like a piece of poop"
- Being watched by the gas station people like we are criminals as we buy sodas and use the restroom
- Me cleaning the windows on the car as Jillian takes a picture. I remind her, "This is the only manual labor you will ever see me do"
<<Arriving in Pismo Beach>>
- Playing on the swings and Jillian, "OMG, can you see my crotch?"
- The slides - Jillian going down..."YAAAAHHHHH..........OUCH" as she hits the bottom
- Me, "I think I forgot how to swing"
- Driving to Morro Bay, only an hour or so after consuming those desserts and mentioning clam chowder bowls.
<<Arriving in Morro Bay>>
- Finding Giovanni's restaurant
- Backing up down the street unknowingly in front of a cop to take a photo of the "Sexy Food" sign
- Parking at Morro rock to take pictures and Jillian squealing with excitement at the beach squirrels, wanting to run out of the car to take pictures
- The first squirrel coming toward Jillian and her jumping in the air, saying "Get away from me, Get away from me"
- Spoiled squirrels - pretzels not good enough - they only wanted to eat chocolate
- The seagulls coming after the uneaten preztels and Jillian taking cover like she's being bombed
- Julz, The squirrel whisperer if there ever was one
- Me wishing I could be the squirrel whisperer as they look at the chocolate in my hand and run the other way
- Finally getting a squirrel to play with me and the butthead grabs the entire chocolate stick out of my hand and takes off
- Jillian unable to take photos of us because she is having panic attacks that she can't see her feet and a squirrel may be after her
- The squirrel trying to climb up in my engine
- Julz being so nice to the little girl that came up to see the squirrels.
- The no pooping sign
<< Arrival in San Simeon>>
- Jillian, "Ohhhh I want to climb on it but I am afraid I will break it"
- Jillian trying to look through the telescope and hearing **CONK** "Ouch" as she hits her face on it
<<Elephant Seal Vista>>
- OMG is he wearing a robe????
- Freezing our a$$es off taking pics of the cute little seals. At least they can't attack Jillian
- Jillian and I changing into jeans in the crowded parking lot
<< The Drive to Nowhere>>
- 60 miles or curvy roads and Jillian passed out in the backseat
- Every scenic stop and Jillian arising from the dead to run out and take a photo
- Flying by a Highway Patrol car doing about 10-15mph over the speed limit and my heart racing as he pulls out and turns around to get behind us
- NOT getting a ticket as the CHP officer turned off after about a mile or so *WHEW*
- Julz, "OMG I think it was the Scooby Doo Van" Turning around to find out they were filming some blue car way out on the point.
- Wondering if we'd ever see home again as we counted down the miles
- Finally reaching Big Sur (which is what Mel told us to take this route for) and being too tired to know what we were looking for so we just drove straight through and didn't stop
<< Monterey, CA>>
- Trying to find a restaurant as we RAN Fishermans' Wharf as we were all freezing. Every restaurant had someone out trying to get you to look at their menu as Jillian led the pack, "Uh, no, no thank you" by each one. Julz and I, "Well how are we going to find somewhere to eat if we keep running by all the restaurants??"
- The waiter who only had eyes for me apparently
- Jillian getting caught everytime she tried to take a pic of the waiter
- Looking innocently around the restaurant, only to end up making random eye contact with the waiter, and Jillian loudly giggling
- Jillian eavesdropping on the table behind us trying to figure out who was on a date with who
- The seagulls mating outside our window as we tried to snap photos but they were all blurry.
- "Excue me, Can I get chu someting else?"
- Jillian getting the bill and trying to find out the waiter's name, Crispin. Me, "WHAT is his name? Crispy?!!?" as he's standing right behind me
- Dictator Jillian advising we will RUN straight to the car because it's freezing. Then getting sidetracked so she can stage photos with ice cream cones, fisherman statutes, and the small car
- Falling off the car during the photo shoot
- "Wait! I can't run with these boobs!!!"
- The random people wanting to get photos of Julz and Jillian licking the big ice cream cone
- Jillian, "OOOHH, I know what we are going to do on this one"
- Jillian, "Just hurry and get up on it" as I get an entire audience watching me molest a ship anchor
- Jillian, "Ooooooh one of these is really loose"
OMG what a day! We dropped Julz off in Santa Clara and said our goodbyes.
Ciao!!!....Until our next road trip June 5th! Whoo Hoo!!!