AsiaChinaBeijing

Final week in Beijing!

Beijing Travel Blog

Delta Chi baby!
Well folks, this is the end of the road...I'm so sad that this summer passed by so quickly! But I am definitely ready to get back to the US...and eat some friggin Mexican food! But seriously, the things we take for granted in the US such as hot showers whenever you want, clean air, spit-free sidewalks, drinkable tap water (with flouride!), medicine at the grocery store, and a plethora of food choices...all of these things start to seem very nice when you haven't had them for a while.

All of the groups gave their final presentations in class today, so we are free! Just fun stuff until we fly out early Saturday morning. I tell you what, this past class was a doozie with the workload. Homework due every day (each one was like a mini-project) mixed in with the usal test/project schedule was quite demanding.
Thomas haggling for a belt
But hey, it's over now and I feel like a million bucks. Can't wait to see the Yellow Jackets and Crimson Tide in action! I've totally been reading the college football blogs every day for the past week...

I've attached some pics of what me, Thomas, and Zack did this past weekend in Beijing. We checked out the summer palace and then hit up the Silk Market. I gave in and got some more shirts tailored. That place is so addicting! Cheap proces for high quality stuff...I had to buy a new suitcase (got the deal on that too!) to fit everything in. I'm looking forward to just having fun these next few days and then going back to America. I guess I need to try to sell my bike first...I'm gonna miss that little guy. Beijing-Singapore 2008...it's been real, it's been fun, and gosh darnit it's even been real fun. Well that's about all I have for now. See you in the States!
Zach & Thomas