Last preparations & departure for Schiphol

New Delhi Travel Blog

Last day before our official departure for India and since I had taken one extra day off and it had been a rather hectic week this was the right time to sleep late. I'm not quite sure what time it was when I woke up, it must have been when the cat thought it was way past his usual cat milk time and let me know by a gentle tap of his paw of my face. I had been out of bed for less than 10 minutes when the phone rang. Bart, to let me know that he couldn't check me in because I had booked my ticket at ultra cheap rate, so I had to do it myself. Wiping the sleep from my eyes I turned on the PC and 5 minutes later I was checked in on seat 39D.

The rest of the day was filled with buying some last stuff, packing my bags and helping out with some urgent issues at work. So far for a day off ... Around six o'clock I was ready to go and decided to relax with the last hour of Gandhi, which I had started watching last evening.

At half past nine Bart arrived to pick me up and after a last cup of coffee we were on our way to Schiphol. After arriving in our Van Der Valk A4 hotel and dropping our stuff in a rather smelly and damp room we opened up a window for some fresh air from the nearby highway and made our escape to the bar. The bar was a rather strange place where a schizophrenic interior decorator must have had the time of her life. The limping waiter completed the rather surreal setting of the combination between comedy and horror. After three beers it was time to hit the sack.  Fortunately the room's smell had mostly gone by then.

ejvanbel says:
Ed, enjoy! Look out for the very little locals there... ;-)
Posted on: Dec 22, 2008
Biedjee says:
'ey Ed,
Een hele goeie reis en veel plezier!
Ik ben benieuwd naar de foto's en verhalen.
Grtz,