Clouds From Paradise: Lost in Switzerland

Saint Moritz Travel Blog

In darkness you left. In light you arrive. An overnight train from Budapest to Zurich ends it run slowly but surely as the cold, clean air of Zurich breathes new life into each and every cabin. With a backpack weighing more each time you pick it up, a wrinkled outfit you've worn a few times without washing covering your skin, you disembark metal and finally touch land.

"Fuck, it's freezing!" I immediately thought to myself. Genius, as always, I was wearing shorts and figured things would warm up as the day grew older. Lounging around in a train station as foreign to me as I was to it, I find a ticket booth and begin my path toward Saint Moritz, a paradise locked away by mountains.

But that's just window dressing for what I actually did before and and after I arrived in Switzerland. Crazy times. Crazy languages. French people. Cows with their own houses. Lakes so beautiful you're afraid to touch them. An edge of the world waiting to be lived on, Saint Moritz changed a part of my life and saved my European trip. Now, if only Italians on motorcycles hadn't thrown milk on me as I was walking a mountain road lost as usual. To Be Continued....
reichnicht says:
such is life:) i guess it was all in good fun for them.
Posted on: Jun 28, 2008
PrissyT says:
This was nice.

I cannot believe that you got milk thrown at you! that was rude!
Posted on: Jun 20, 2008